What is a Tart?
While these delicate pastries are often mixed up with tiny pies, tarts are often served open-faced and baked in a tart pan with a removable bottom.
In the world of tarts, texture rules. With smooth, airy fillings and delicate shells, tarts are lighter cousins of traditional pies. In contrast to the buttery flakiness of pie crust, tart shells are made up of a conventional pastry dough lending to a soft, crumbly feel.
A perfect tart looks sweet and tastes even sweeter, with extra-tiny tarts often referred to as tartlets.
Yup — we didn’t know desserts were allowed to be this cute, either.
Chocolate and Hazelnut Meet Oatmeal
Whip up a batch of our vegan chocolate hazelnut tarts to create a rich, nutty pastry topped with a creamy chocolate spread. These tarts are made using guilt-free, vegan ingredients and come together totally raw without any baking required.
Using any flavor of our delicious Mylk Labs oatmeal as a hearty base, these tarts are infused with extra sweetness from Medjool dates and decadent flavor from a healthy heaping of coconut butter.
While you’re savoring the sweet flavors, browse our blog to discover other scrumptious desserts and chocolate oatmeal recipes.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut TartsRecipe by @katherineclairexx
(Yields 8-10 tarts)
- 1x Mylk Labs Oatmeal Cup, any flavor
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 10-12 soaked Medjool dates
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 3 heaped Tbsp coconut butter
- 3 heaped Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 4 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- Blend together the base ingredients until a sticky base is formed
- Lightly grease tart pans and evenly divide and spread the mixture
- Stick in the freezer for 15 minutes to set
- For the filling, blend together the filling ingredients until a thick, smooth consistency is reached
- Remove the tart bases from the freezer and fill each tart evenly
- (Optional) top with coconut flakes and chopped hazelnuts
- Freeze for an additional 15-20 minutes
It keeps in the fridge for up to two weeks or for months in the freezer, leaving you ample time to savor all the nutty sweetness locked within each bite.
Make sure to hashtag #MylkLabs and #NutsForOats to be featured. Enjoy!