Recipe collaboration with @shannonfeulner
Something about a berry crumble is so nostalgic. If you think about it.. it's a berry pie without a crust. The crumble is crunchy, nutty and delicious while the warm fruit compote lends a tart jammy bite. Also, since the crumble is made with oats.. this is technically appropriate for breakfast. Right? :)
Berry Hazelnut Oat Crumble
For The Filling:
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
For The Crumble:
- 1x Mylk Labs Roasted Hazelnut & Dominican Cacao Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup oat flour (heaping 1/4 cup oats pulverized in a blender)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- *powdered sugar, optional for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl toss together the berries, agave, cornstarch, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Divide the berry mixture evenly between two 4-inch ramekins.
- For the crumble: In a medium bowl stir together the oatmeal, oat flour, and cinnamon. Pour the melted coconut oil over the dry ingredients and mix to combine. The mixture should be crumbly.
- Generously sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top of the berries. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the berries are bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly then dust with powdered sugar or top with your favorite dairy free ice cream. Enjoy!