Toasted Coconut. Crunchy Peanut Butter. Creamy Chocolate.
Let's celebrate Spring with these fun little cookies!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bird's Nest Cookies
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy*
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, or sub GF
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup raw coconut shreds
- 1 bag of pastel chocolate eggs**
**You can find these at the seasonal Easter section at the grocery store.
- Combine the peanut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, coconut oil, almond milk, and flaxseed together in a bowl. Whisk well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and use a spatula to combine until homogeneous.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop 1-1/2" balls using a cookie scoop.
- Flatten the cookies with your palm (they do not expand) and use your thumb to press down the middle for a hole to put the eggs after the cookies are baked.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the cookies and slightly press down with your finger so it won't fall off. Alternatively, you can press the cookies into a bowl of coconut shreds.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and bake for 10-12 minutes. You want the cookies to look golden brown and the coconut to be crispy.
- The cookies will be soft straight out the oven and harden as they cool. Let them sit for at least 5 minutes out the oven.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, place your chocolate eggs in the center, sprinkle some more coconut shreds on and ENJOY!