Guest recipe by @thesproutingnut
It's COZY SEASON and what's warmer than an easy, one-bowl oatmeal bake? Imagine this: you wake up on Christmas morning to the smell of gingerbread spice as it fills the air. You roll out of bed and have tea or hot chocolate (your choice) and sit down for a healthy, warming breakfast bake. Doesn't it sound AH-MAZING? Well, let's make it happen. ;)
Gingerbread Oatmeal Bake
- 2x Mylk Labs Coconut & Cinnamon Oatmeal Cups* see notes
- 2x Mylk Labs Almond & Pink Salt Oatmeal Cups* see notes
- 1 cup plain oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses, sub maple syrup if you don't have it
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice** see notes
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves** see notes
- 1 tsp ground ginger** see notes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup organic plain coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix together all your dry ingredients and spices! Once that’s mixed, add in all the rest of the ingredients, and mix until well combined.
- Pour your oatmeal batter into your prepared baking dish, and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Once it’s golden brown, let it cool for about 1 hour, or until it’s not steamy-hot anymore. Top with a vanilla glaze/drizzle and ENJOY!
*Each oatmeal cup can be replaced with a heaping 1/2 cup of quick oats.
**If you don't have all these spices at home, feel free to buy premixed gingerbread spice and replace allspice, cloves and ginger with 1-1/2 tsp gingerbread spice.
Make sure to tag @mylklabs #NutsForOats for a chance to be featured!
Marisa is a young, passionate, and health-conscious food photographer and paleo food blogger! She loves to get creative in her kitchen on the daily, and many of her creations usually include plenteous amounts of dark chocolate. If you’re looking for recipes that are delicious, yet gut-friendly and easy to make, then head on over to Marisa’s blog and Instagram, and get baking!