Halloween was one of my favorite holidays as a kid. I would trick-or-treat for hours and try to eat my entire bucket of candy once I got back. I always ended up sick to my stomach... it was the best. Haha! Today I'm sharing a fun, healthier dessert for your sugar fix!
Crunchy edges. Chewy center. Melt-in-your-mouth coconut butter glaze.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unrefined, coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water or almond milk
- Topping: coconut butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients straight into the dry mix and use a spatula to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop, place 1-tbsp balls onto parchment lined baking pan.
- Press the cookies down *all the way* with the palm of your hands. (They do not expand).
- Bake 10-12 minutes and let cool.
- Melt about 1/4 cup coconut butter and spoon circles onto the top of your cookies. Make sure the coconut butter isn't too runny (there is a happy place between solid and super melty coconut butter).
- Next, snip off a tiny corner of a plastic zip-lock. Mix 2 tbsp coconut butter with some vegetable powder of your choice (beet for pink, butterfly pea for blue, spirulina for green, charcoal for black, etc).
- Draw a target (one small circle in the center and a larger one that follows) for all the cookies.
- Use a toothpick and drag the coconut butter from the center to the edge. Repeat 8-10 times per cookie.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week, ideally 60-70F room temperature.
Make sure to hashtag #MylkLabs and #NutsForOats to be featured. Enjoy!