Recipe by @wonderandcharm
We've officially launched our Granny Smith Apple & Sunflower Cinnamon Oatmeal and we're super excited to be sharing an easy microwavable mug muffin recipe that only takes 5 minutes to make! It's essentially an apple pie in muffin form and made with healthier ingredients like oatmeal, banana and natural sweeteners.
We're calling this recipe a muffin, but it tastes like an apple pie mug cake with cinnamon and maple syrup. Whether you need a quick breakfast recipe or just an easy grab & go, we've got you.
- 1 Mylk Labs Granny Smith Apple and Sunflower Cinnamon Oatmeal Cup (feel free to use any flavor that you like)
- ½ medium banana
- 1 egg or flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp hot water)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1-½ tbsp diced apples
Maple Almond Drizzle:
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Instructions (Oatmeal Apple Muffin):
- Shake oatmeal cup.
- Peel off the plastic covering.
- Add in the banana and mash with a fork against the cup.
- Add in the egg, baking powder, almond milk, and diced apples.
- Mix together.
- Without the lid, microwave the oatmeal for 2 minutes.
- Flip cup over onto a plate to release the muffin.
- Combine the almond butter and maple syrup in a bowl.
- If the almond butter is hardened, microwave in 10-second intervals until melted.
- Top muffin with apples and drizzle with the melted maple almond butter.
Make sure to tag @mylklabs #NutsForOats for a chance to be featured!
Alyssa & Marissa Barcena are the bloggers and photographers behind Wonder & Charm. They are twin sisters who love to bake! You can almost always find them in the kitchen whipping something up. The goal of their blog is to make recipes simple and enjoyable for anyone who makes them. They believe that cooking in the kitchen should always be fun! Their recipes range from healthy to indulgent.