Okay, we get the hype of oat milk ice cream as a healthier alternative to regular dairy ice cream. Have you found the one where its texture and flavor is almost like the real deal?
This recipe came together as a fun way to combine the concept of an affogato and oat-milk ice cream to make it a better-for-you ice cream sundae.
What is an Affogato?
An affogato is a dessert made with vanilla ice cream with an espresso shot poured over. The bitter espresso is balanced out by the sweet, rich, creamy ice cream making it the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
We've seen a ton of oatmeal dessert recipes online but this has to be one of our favorites. It's warm base melts the ice cream and gives you an array of textures, temperatures and flavors! Check out some of our other oatmeal dessert recipes on our blog. We've got things like Blueberry Almond Baked Donuts and Coconut Matcha Oat Bars.
Oatmeal Ice Cream Sundae
- 1x Mylk Labs oatmeal cup (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup scoop of your favorite dairy free ice cream
- toppings - nuts, chocolate chips, caramel, fruit, etc
- Cook the oatmeal cup according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Put a heaping scoop of ice cream directly into the oatmeal and add in your favorite toppings.
- Dig in before the ice cream fully melts and enjoy!
Make sure to tag @mylklabs and #NutsForOats to be featured. Enjoy!