Recipe by @freshlydafna
Summer is quickly approaching which means it's berry season! These Raspberry Almond Scones are a celebration of fresh raspberries and the perfect way to fancy up your next breakfast or brunch.
1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, chilled
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2x Mylk Labs Roasted Almond & Himalayan Pink Salt Oatmeal
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg, beaten (optional, omit if vegan)
- 1/4 cup slivered almond
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper
- Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1/2 cup milk in a small bowl or measuring cup and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Add the coconut oil to the dry ingredients and using a fork mash the oil into the dry mixture until it is the texture of coarse sand and the largest piece of oil is the size of a small pea.
- Pour in the milk and lightly stir until a dough forms, making sure not to overmix. Then gently fold in the raspberries.
- Turn out the dough to a lightly floured surface and form a 1-inch tall disc.
- With a sharp knife cut the disc into 6-8 pieces and gently transfer each piece to the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the top of each scone with the beaten egg (if using) and a sprinkling of the slivered almonds.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes. Meanwhile heat oven to 400 degrees.
- After scones have chilled and oven heated, bake scones for 21-23 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Make sure to tag @mylklabs #NutsForOats for a chance to be featured!
Dafna is a lover of all things healthy and delicious! She has loved baking for as long as she can remember but started her baking blog Freshly Dafna as a creative escape from her mind-numbing office job. It has become a way to share her recipes for healthified treats and seasonal eats. Her hope is to show that eating whole foods can be fun, easy, and of course, delicious. Check out her fresh & delicious recipes on her blog or Instagram @freshlydafna.