From cold winter months to sweaty summer mornings, this peanut butter banana oatmeal has brought warmth, happiness & energy to my days. Velvety oats, cooked in creamy almond milk, dolloped with crunchy peanut butter, naturally sweetened and topped with coined banana and cinnamon. I'm drooling... let's just get to the recipe already!
For those of you who signed up for our newsletter, you got early access to this exclusive recipe. Those who haven't signed up yet, join Mylk Labs Newsletters so you can stay up to date on all the new recipes, discounts & more!
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA OATMEAL
- 1/2 cup old fashion rolled oats, gluten-free if necessary
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 heaping tbsp peanut butter, crunchy
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- In a small pot, combine the oats, almond milk and maple syrup.
- On medium heat, bring to a small boil while mixing occasionally ~3-5 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and coin in the banana.
- Constantly mix until the oatmeal becomes thick and the banana caramelizes a bit.
- Alternatively, you can add the banana at the end rather than cooking it with the oatmeal.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
Make sure to hashtag #NutsForOats and #MylkLabs for a chance to be featured. Enjoy!