Trying to find a healthier dessert to munch on throughout the week?
"Most pastries, cookies and cakes are extremely unhealthy. They are generally made with refined sugar, refined wheat flour and added fats, which are often disturbingly unhealthy fats like shortening (high in trans fats). These tasty treats are literally some of the worst things that you can put into your body." - Healthline
This is our founders' go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe:
- Unrefined sugars ✓
- 100% whole grain ✓
- Healthy fats ✓
- Absolutely delicious ✓
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, sub GF
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp finely ground espresso powder
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped 70% cacao chocolate bar or chocolate chips
- Optional: fleur de sel, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Whisk the coconut oil with coconut sugar until creamy.
- Add in the milk and vanilla, and whisk again.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, espresso, and salt.
- Mix the dry into wet then fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Use a 1 tbsp cookie scoop and drop the batter 2" apart on a lined cookie sheet. *Make sure to flatten all the way with your palm.
- Sprinkle fleur de sel and bake 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!
*Notes: Coconut sugar does not spread like white sugar so you'll need to flatten them before baking.
Make sure to tag @mylklabs, #NutsForOats to be featured!