Guest post by Lenny from @vegamelon
Hi! I'm Lenny, a 17-year-old, watermelon-loving kid from sunny Southern California. I began sharing my recipes with the hope to show the community that vegan food is not only delicious but beautiful -- and I think this cake I made today really embodies these qualities! It's simple to make but still very elegant, and, as always, my favorite part of it is the oat-based crust! ;)
Chewy Oat Base. Creamy Ice Cream Filling. Berry Sweet Tartness.
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
(Makes two 4-inch cakes)
- 1x Mylk Labs Almond & Pink Salt Oatmeal Cup
- 1/4 cup dates or dried plums
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, to taste (based on sweetness of fruit)
- Before making: soak the dates and cashews in water for at least 3 hours.
- When ready, combine the crust ingredients in a food processor, then blend into a moist, sand-like mixture.
- Transfer the crust into a cake or tart tin and press well.
- Add all the filling ingredients in a food processor. Blitz until smooth and creamy. **If needed, add some water to help with blending and adjust sweetness with maple syrup.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crusts, then transfer the cakes to a freezer to set for at least an hour.
- Let it thaw for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!