Craving dessert but don't want to wait? Let's be honest. There are days where we crave cookies or muffins and are just too lazy to make a whole batch. That's when this recipe comes in handy. A single serve microwavable blueberry mug muffin that comes together in less than 5 minutes.
What is a mug muffin?
It's essentially a single serving muffin made in the microwave! People also call them mug cakes but it's usually the same ingredients as your traditional muffin like flour, sugar, butter, baking powder and salt. However, we've got a healthy twist for you that won't leave you with a sugar rush.
What is the secret to fluffy muffins?
Usually, its the sugar and fat (oil or butter) that keeps these bad boys moist. We took a different approach and use banana to keep things bouncy, moist and delicious!
Eat them for dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth or have one for breakfast as nourishing start to your day!
5-Minute Microwavable Blueberry Mug Muffin
- 1x Mylk Labs Blueberry Maple Oatmeal Cup
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- handful of blueberries
- Mash 1/2 a banana directly into the oatmeal cup with a fork.
- Combine the egg, baking powder and almond milk and mix well.
- Throw in the blueberries last and give it one last mix.
- Without the lid, microwave on high for 2-1/2 minutes.
- Flip the cup over onto a plate to release the muffin.
- Enjoy with more blueberries and a drizzle of almond butter!
Make sure to tag @mylklabs and #NutsForOats to be featured. Enjoy!