Recipe collaboration by @eastcoasthealth
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oatmeal Jars
Prep time: 5 minutes
For the Overnight Oats:
- 4x Mylk Labs Toasted Coconut + Cassia Cinnamon Oatmeal Cups
- 1⁄4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups plant-based milk of choice
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- Big pinch of sea salt
- Pinch each of nutmeg and cardamom, *optional
- 1 whole apple, peeled if you wish, and cubed (i like gala, fuji or Macoun apples in this one)
- 1 cup plant-based yogurt of choice (coconut yogurt is great for this)
- 1⁄4 cup hemp seeds (adds protein and healthy fats)
- 1⁄4 cup cashew butter (can swap for any nut butter you like!)
- Any other mix-ins/toppings, *optional
- Combine all oatmeal ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly. Let sit overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Once set, prepare four small mason jars or bowls, and scoop about 1/8 of the mixture into each jar. Alternatively, you can layer these right back into the Mylk Labs cups. Just be sure the mixture isn’t too liquidy.
- .Add 1⁄4 of the apple to each jar/cup, then top each with 1⁄4 of the remaining oats.
- On top, add a spoonful of yogurt, hemp hearts, cashew butter, and an additional sprinkle of cinnamon or chopped apple if desired.
- Place caps on the jars and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Before serving, you can stir up the jar or eat it in layers. Enjoy!
- Whenever I’m prepping breakfasts in advance, I like to prep for 3-4 days at a time, instead of 5. While overnight oat breakfasts definitely get better with time, this ensures that if you end up wanting to mix it up mid-week, nothing goes to waste!
- With overnight oats, I always like to make sure I’m adding in a source of protein and/or healthy fats -- ideally both! This will keep you full for longer and you won’t encounter that slump right after eating.
- Feel free to customize this recipe with any additional spices and flavors you like, depending on what you enjoy and what’s in season!
- If you prefer, you can stew the apples ahead of time for a different flavor profile. Just add them to a pan with a dash of coconut oil and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and cook on medium-low for 5-10 minutes!
Make sure to tag @mylklabs #NutsForOats for a chance to be featured!
Follow her on Instagram: @eastcoasthealth