Recipe collaboration by @eastcoasthealth
Are overnight oats healthy?
They sure are! Overnight oats is high in fiber, protein and have tons of amazing vitamins and minerals that will make your skin GLOW! Also, speaking of fiber, you can get about 30% of your daily recommended amount in one serving!
What's the difference between overnight oats and regular oats?
Overnight oats is exactly how it sounds-- you soak rolled oats and other ingredients overnight. Regular oats are traditionally cooked with hot water or milk and eaten right away. You can always heat up overnight oats to enjoy hot especially if you don't have time to throw everything together the morning of, but Mylk Labs oatmeal cups cook up in 3 minutes so you can enjoy them either way!
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oatmeal Jars
Prep time: 5 minutes
For the Overnight Oats:
- 4x Mylk Labs Toasted Coconut + Cassia Cinnamon Oatmeal Cups
- 1⁄4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups plant-based milk of choice
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- Big pinch of sea salt
- Pinch each of nutmeg and cardamom, *optional
- 1 whole apple, peeled if you wish, and cubed (i like gala, fuji or Macoun apples in this one)
- 1 cup plant-based yogurt of choice (coconut yogurt is great for this)
- 1⁄4 cup hemp seeds (adds protein and healthy fats)
- 1⁄4 cup cashew butter (can swap for any nut butter you like!)
- Any other mix-ins/toppings, *optional
- Combine all oatmeal ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly. Let sit overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Once set, prepare four small mason jars or bowls, and scoop about 1/8 of the mixture into each jar. Alternatively, you can layer these right back into the Mylk Labs cups. Just be sure the mixture isn’t too liquidy.
- .Add 1⁄4 of the apple to each jar/cup, then top each with 1⁄4 of the remaining oats.
- On top, add a spoonful of yogurt, hemp hearts, cashew butter, and an additional sprinkle of cinnamon or chopped apple if desired.
- Place caps on the jars and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Before serving, you can stir up the jar or eat it in layers. Enjoy!
- Whenever I’m prepping breakfasts in advance, I like to prep for a few days at a time. While overnight oat breakfasts definitely get better with time, this ensures that if you end up wanting to mix it up mid-week, nothing goes to waste!
- With overnight oats, I always like to make sure I’m adding in a source of protein and/or healthy fats -- ideally both! This will keep you full for longer and you won’t encounter that slump right after eating.
- Feel free to customize this recipe with any additional spices and flavors you like, depending on what you enjoy and what’s in season!
- If you prefer, you can stew the apples ahead of time for a different flavor profile. Just add them to a pan with a dash of coconut oil and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and cook on medium-low for 5-10 minutes!
Make sure to tag @mylklabs #NutsForOats for a chance to be featured!
Follow her on Instagram: @eastcoasthealth