Recipe collaboration with @sharethedeat
Dessert and breakfast all in one? Count us in! Oatmeal muffins have always been a favorite for us. It's hearty, satisfying and so delicious! Adding walnuts gives extra antioxidants, omegas and helps to promote a healthy gut! We promise this won't disappoint. We used our Blueberry Maple oatmeal in this recipe but feel free to swap for any flavor that you like!
Easy Gluten-Free Walnut Muffins
- 2.5 cups of Mylk Labs oatmeal cup, any flavor, poured out & measured
- 1 cup applesuace
- 3/4 non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven at 350 F.
- Take your Mylk Labs oatmeal and measure out 2.5 cups. Blend in a food processor until it becomes a flour-like consistency.
- Mix applesauce, milk, honey and eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- In a clean bowl, mix pulverized oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and combine with wet ingredients.
- Fold in 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, careful not to over mix.
- Line a muffin tin and pour in the batter about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!