Okay, hear me out. S'mores muffin, ready in 5 minutes, AND it's good for you. This is going to be on repeat for the entire holiday season for us! We used our Strawberry Vanilla oatmeal because strawberries & chocolate always go well together, but feel free to use any flavor you'd like!
Why is a S'more called a S'more?
Funny enough, this really is a shortened phrase for "some more". Previously, it was also called a "graham cracker sandwich" but S'more has now taken over the as the more popular name.
What is S'more flavor?
It's essentially toasted marshmallows that taste gooey and delicious when bitten into, melted chocolate and crunchy graham cracker to sandwich it all together. It's most commonly made as your classic camping dessert.
How unhealthy are s'mores?
Most marshmallows are made with high-fructose corn syrup which spikes your blood sugar levels, even more so since these traditional treats don't provide any fiber, whole grain or nutrients. But don't fret! We made this Holiday S'mores Muffin with that in mind to give you a healthy twist on a classic dessert.
Microwavable Smores Muffin
- 1x Mylk Labs Strawberry Vanilla Oatmeal Cup
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tbsp diced strawberries, optional
- dark chocolate
- 1 large marshmallow
- Open up the oatmeal cup and add in the apple sauce, egg, baking powder and milk. Mix well.
- If you're using strawberries, throw it now and give it one last mix.
- Without the lid, microwave on high for 2-1/2 minutes.
- Flip the cup over onto a plate to release the muffin.
- Put your chocolate on top and let it melt on the hot muffin.
- Top with the marshmallow and torch until toasty. Enjoy!
Make sure to tag @mylklabs and #NutsForOats to be featured. Enjoy!