If you've got a sweet tooth but want to eat healthier, this protein mug cake is for you. This is a super easy recipe and comes together in less than 5 minutes! it's naturally sweetened with a banana which also makes it moist and bouncy–making it literally the perfect post workout snack, satisfying breakfast, or healthy dessert.
Why is Protein Important in Your Diet?
According to Healthline, proteins are the building blocks of your muscles, bones, cartilage and skin. It's needed to build your body, repair your tissue, provide oxygen to your red blood cells, create enzymes to digest food and regulate hormones.
Reasons You Should Add Protein to Your Breakfast
1) Keeps you fuller for longer
2) Promotes lean muscle growth
3) Aids weight loss
3 Ways to Add More Protein to Your Breakfast
1) Adding nuts or nut butter to your oatmeal. Bonus: healthy fats and a nice crunch!
2) A scoop of protein powder to your breakfast smoothie, oatmeal or drink it straight from a shaker.
3) Incorporate 1 cup of organic soy milk for an additional 8g of plant-based protein!
Protein Mug Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1x Mylk Labs Oatmeal Cup, any flavor
- ½ medium banana
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp protein powder, your choice
- Topping: sprinkles & strawberry icing, homemade or store bought
- Add the banana directly into the oatmeal cup and mash it with a fork.
- Mix in the egg, baking powder, almond milk, and protein powder.
- Without the lid, microwave for 2 ½ minutes.
- Use a butter knife to release the edges and flip the cup over onto a plate to pop out the muffin.
- Drizzle with strawberry icing and top with sprinkles.
Make sure to tag @mylklabs and #NutsForOats to be featured. Enjoy!