Baked oatmeal or mug cake? We'll let you decide.
What is Baked Oatmeal?Baked oatmeal is essentially a warm breakfast casserole consisting of oats, milk, nuts, fruit and eggs to bind it all together. It's easily adaptable for vegans and has a million different flavor combinations! The texture is chewy, hearty and creamy.
What is a Mug Cake?
I'd say this recipe is more like a mug cake rather than baked oatmeal. Why? Since we pulverize the oats, the texture is more cake-like than chewy like it is with baked oatmeal. Either way, it's delicious and highly recommend you try!
The pros: sweetened with banana, perfect for breakfast or dessert, ready to eat in less than 30 minutes
The cons: none
Single Serving Chocolate Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup Mylk Labs oatmeal cup (dumped out & measured)
- 1/2 a ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 heaping tbsp cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Toppings: Chocolate chips & sliced strawberries
- Add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips & strawberries into a blender and blend until fully combined.
- Pour batter into a slightly greased over-safe baking dish.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate chips & strawberries.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- Optional to drizzle some melted chocolate & enjoy!
Make sure to tag @mylklabs and #NutsForOats to be featured. Enjoy!