It's hard not to look for a comfort food first thing in the morning. You've just had to crawl out of your warm and comfy bed—you need something to look forward to! Well, a hearty bowl of strawberry oatmeal can brighten up any morning—and you don't have to feel guilty because it’s actually good for you too!
Let’s look at oatmeal’s nutritional value, its benefits, and how the toppings used on oatmeal can add a lot more than just flavor!
Pro tip: Swap out your sugary, processed cereal for oatmeal and stay fuller for longer.
Oats are whole grain, which are rich in fiber, vitamin B, vitamin E, and minerals. They also provide healthy fats and antioxidants. All of these nutrients combined can help prevent chronic heart disease, stroke, cancer, digestive disorders, and diabetes.
It's important to get enough fiber because it can regulate cholesterol and blood sugar levels. In addition, high fiber content promotes weight loss since it increases the feelings of fullness. Plus, you even get a few grams of plant-based protein from oatmeal, so it’s a great start to the day for vegans, too!
What’s awesome is that our oatmeal cups are not only high in fiber and protein, but they also have only 5g of organic coconut sugar in one serving! That’s a) low on sugar and a more digestible, organic sugar that a lot of people with sugar intolerances can handle, and b) so delicious! Our vanilla strawberry oatmeal cup is our newest, most popular go-to breakfast choice for this reason.
Mylk Labs Strawberry Oatmeal— the best way to start your day
- Oatmeal is anti-inflammatory which is why you see it used in so many skincare products. Eat it and it'll nourish you from inside out!
- Oats have beta-glucan which increases satiety, keeping you from reaching for that box of cookies you keep in your desk drawer.
- We're not kidding when we say oatmeal is heart healthy! This little whole grain helps decrease cholesterol levels.
- Get creative with your oatmeal so you can have a 'different' breakfast every morning! Whether you enjoy a porridge-like consistency or even baked oats; the possibilities and toppings are endless.
- Oatmeal is fast and easy to cook, which is perfect for busy people (or for people who chronically hate cooking) who are still looking for a healthy option. Check out our strawberry oatmeal cups - it won't disappoint!
Types of Oatmeal
Let’s briefly talk about the most common types of oatmeal.
Rolled Oats: Also known as regular, old-fashioned (but definitely not boring and stuck in a routine) oats, these are lightly toasted, steamed, and flattened by giant steel rollers. Rolled oats are the most popular kind used for overnight oats, pancakes, and more. These are also less processed than others while offering a creamy consistency. Mylk Labs uses thin rolled oats so we keep all the benefits and amazing texture, with minimal prep time!
Steel Cut Oats: The least processed of all kinds (their cut is all-natural, they swear), steel-cut oats have a nuttier taste and a chewier texture. These oats are the closest to their original form, which is highly nutritious. These take longer to cook on the stovetop, approximately 15-20 minutes.
Instant Oats: These are the most processed oats; however, they cook quickly, because they are ready to support you in your day. The oats are pre-cooked, dried, cut, and rolled. You would generally find them in flavored servings for breakfast on the go. Instant oats are an excellent choice for preparing cookies, bread, and muffins because of their texture is oh, so fine!
Tasty Oatmeal Toppings
Say goodbye to bland oatmeal and try out our ready to cook oatmeal cups. Ready in 3 minutes or less! Here’s a list of all our flavor options:
- Sun-Ripe Strawberry & Madagascar Vanilla
- Cultivated Blueberry & Vermont Maple
- Granny Smith Apple & Sunflower Cinnamon
- Toasted Coconut & Cassia Cinnamon
- Roasted Almond & Himalayan Pink Salt
Hopefully, you got to learn a great deal about the many upsides of eating oatmeal. Oats make breakfast a breeze—experiment with making oatmeal with different flavors, nuts, and fruits to change it up. Trust us; you’ll never stop eating oatmeal if you know how to make it tasty!
In the meantime, try our ready to cook oatmeal cups in five different delicious flavors, including our popular popular strawberry instant oatmeal.