Recipe by @thesweetoccasion
Sharing a classic: banana oatmeal muffins. Perfect to prep on a lazy Sunday for a quick breakfast or snack throughout the week. Yes, even if you're WFH. ;)
Vegan Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Yields 12 muffins
- 8 g (2 tablespoons) ground flaxseed + 85 g (6 tablespoons) water
- 230 g (1 2/3 cups) GF all-purpose flour
- 53 g (1 container) Mylk Labs Roasted Almond & Himalayan Pink Salt Oatmeal, or your favorite flavor
- 5.2 g (1 1/2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 5.2 g (1 teaspoon) baking soda
- 2.8 (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 2.2 g (3/4 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 75 g (1/2 cup) coconut sugar
- 50 g (1/4 cup) melted coconut oil
- 30 g (2 tablespoons) maple syrup
- 4 g (1 teaspoon) pure vanilla extract
- 270 g (1 cup) mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 60 g (1/4 cup) almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F/163°C. Line a standard muffin pan with cupcakes liners and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseed and water.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, mashed bananas, and almond milk. Whisk in the flaxseed mixture. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Scoop the muffin mixture into the prepared cupcake liners, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
Make sure to tag @mylklabs #NutsForOats for a chance to be featured!
Maria is a professionally trained pastry chef who loves to dig deep into recipes to share the ins and outs of what it takes to successfully execute a recipe. Check out her fresh & delicious recipes on her blog https://thesweetoccasion.com/ or Instagram @thesweetoccasion.